Scottish Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA) Course
At least 1 in 6 workers in the UK experience mental health problems including, anxiety and depression at a cost of over £30 million in lost production , absence and recruitment each year to employers. Training some members of your workforce to become Mental Health First Aider’s can therefore be hugely beneficial.
Staff with good mental health, at all levels of your business, are more likely to perform well, have reduced absence and be more engaging with their work and their colleagues.
Having a Mental Health First Aider in the workplace can highlight the company’s commitment to supporting employees when they need help and by raising awareness, you can help reduce the negative stigma that surrounds mental health.
The 2-Day NHS Health Scotland Mental Health First Aid course will equip the candidates with the skills and knowledge they need to be able to confidently
- Give initial support and comfort to someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide help to prevent a mental health problem develop into a more serious state
- Deal with a crisis
- Guide that person towards the appropriate help
- Raise awareness about mental health in the workplace
A candidate will also have a deeper knowledge of:
- What is meant by mental health?
- The signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, including depression, anxiety disorders and psychosis
- The range of effective interventions
- How to access professional help and support
The course is a 12-hour course run over 2 days. Delegates will develop skills in asking appropriate questions, listening without judgment and giving guidance about where help can be found. The NHS Health Scotland Mental Health First Aid course is ideal for those who are looking to increase their awareness and understanding around mental health and build their confidence to offer valuable first aid to people suffering from mental distress in the workplace.
Completion: On completion of the 2-Day course the delegate will receive a nationally recognised NHS Health Scotland Mental Health First Aid certificate. Delegates will also receive a copy of Scotland’s Mental Health manual.
Cost: Price on request
Don’t hesitate to reach out with the contact information provided, or send a message using the form.